• Create Account

Indie Dev Survey

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 boltdevteam   Members   -  Reputation: 104

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Hello,

There is an Indie Development survey my team is running, we are looking for average people to tell us why they like games and what interests them most about games. It is a quick 14 question survey. I will post the results and our reports and data found through this survey here for everyone to see and use to their own benefit. I would appreciate it if you would take a couple minutes to fill out this survey. It will benefit everyone.

This survey will help Independent game companies grasp a better understanding on what it is that our customers want from our games, and also what they don't want. It will help us create games that people want to play. Thank you to anyone who submits a response.

You can find it here:
http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=x56uyoxv4hvc9uq34119

Sponsor:

#2 Olof Hedman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2825

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Tried fill it out...
But I really can't answer question 7 for _every_indie_game_...
only sensible answer would be to tick all or none of the boxes, since "indie games" is a huge genre, and its impossible to answer that generally.

And why is question 11 not multiple answer? Also misses a few genres, like strategy.
I'm also not sure where a turnbased space-rougelike like FTL would fit.

Question 3 is also not very well defined, what does "very often" mean?

Also miss a "I don't care about distribution as long as I can play it when I want on the device I want" on question 12 :)

#3 boltdevteam   Members   -  Reputation: 104

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Thank you for your feedback,

I spent sometime trying to clarify on some of the questions you have. If you go to the link now it should be fixed. The only question that I couldn't fix is number 11, I can't change the question type since I have already collected responses. I changed the wording on that question to "the one genre you play the most." It was the best I could do. If you still think there is a flaw in this survey please let me know so that I can address the issue as soon as possible.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS