• Create Account

linker error

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 phil67rpg   Members   -  Reputation: 747

0Likes

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

I am getting following error,
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Users\phil\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\pong\Debug\pong.exe'

I am using vs2010.I have an open pong file but I cant seem to find it.

Sponsor:

#2 Endurion   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3040

0Likes

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

Check with Task Manager if your game is still running (albeit without a visible window). Then the linker can't open the file to write to it.

If this case happens, make sure you properly exit your main (and inner message loop).
Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

#3 phil67rpg   Members   -  Reputation: 747

0Likes

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

I checked the task manager, nothing is running.

#4 Debunez   Members   -  Reputation: 160

0Likes

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

If this happens restart visual studio. Its most likely that the .exe didnt close correctly and it was still considered running by visual studio. I've seen this error before myself and thats what it was for me. For some reason my app wasnt destroying correctly

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS