• Create Account

Triangle Strips

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 SoD   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 14 October 2001 - 05:53 AM

It''s possible to render a grid of a terrain with a single call of glBegin(GL_TRIANGLE_STRIP)? the easier way is to render a strip for each row of the map in a way like this: for(z=0;z

Sponsor:

#2 Ronin_54   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 14 October 2001 - 05:58 AM

My sense of logic dictates that it would be impossible, though I could be wrong...

#3 Dactylos   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 14 October 2001 - 06:15 AM

It should be possible, but you''d have to use degenerate triangles (i.e. triangles with zero area), and I don''t know whether you would gain anything, you could try though.

I seem to remember reading that it is not recommended to use degenerate triangles to render as many triangles as possible in a strip, and that it would be better to split it into two render-calls. (I think I read it somewhere on nvidia''s site.)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS