• Create Account

Retro themed sound suggestion

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 LemoncogFoReal12   Members   -  Reputation: 101

0Likes

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hello all,

I'm developing a game with a very simple retro style and I'm a bit stuck on what sound style to go with.

The game has a ship, represented by a white triangle flying through a black space, you can enter the atmosphere of planets (white circles) causing the planets to fill up with a red circle.

I've experimented with *whoosh* and *floosh* sound effects, to simulate a ship entering an atmosphere but these don't seem to fit my art style. I was thinking instead of a whoosh/floosh sound I focus on a nice retro sound as the planet fills. Although I've not a clue what.

In summary I'm looking for suggestions on a retro themed ship flying sound and a pleasing sound as the ship fills a planet, also in a retro theme?

Here is an example of the art style I've gone with:
http://lemoncogdev.com/things/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/new_font_game_over.png

Thanks, Lemoncog

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS