• Create Account

Taxes in Google Play and other questions

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lama43   Members   -  Reputation: 136

0Likes

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hello, I am currently halfway done in making a game that I intend to release on the Android system, and I've got several questions for which I had no answer yet:

-How do I handle taxes on the income I make? Do I have to pay them at all? Do I have to pay taxes to the Italian government (I live in Italy) or the USA?
-Is there any sort of basic copyright protection I can use for a start? I've heard that I can protect my work just by writing something prohibiting the use of artwork and stuff, is that true?
-I suppose that to use some copyrighted content (like a song) I need to have the written permittance of the author, but how is it regulated?

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8696

3Likes

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

1. How do I handle taxes on the income I make? Do I have to pay them at all?
2. Do I have to pay taxes to the Italian government (I live in Italy) or the USA?
3. Is there any sort of basic copyright protection I can use for a start?
4. I've heard that I can protect my work just by writing something prohibiting the use of artwork and stuff, is that true?
5. I suppose that to use some copyrighted content (like a song) I need to have the written permittance of the author, but how is it regulated?

1. If Italy has an income tax, then you have to pay tax on your income. Check with Italy's government website.
2. Italy.
3. Yes. Check with Italy's IP protection website.
4. Yes. Copyright is automatic.
5. It's regulated in two ways: (1) the owner of the IP you use without permission can take action against you, have the game removed, and sue you for damages; (2) the Google store might deny you permission to sell your game on their service if they believe you used someone's IP without permission.

Edited by Tom Sloper, 22 October 2012 - 12:48 PM.

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#3 Lama43   Members   -  Reputation: 136

1Likes

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

1. How do I handle taxes on the income I make? Do I have to pay them at all?
2. Do I have to pay taxes to the Italian government (I live in Italy) or the USA?
3. Is there any sort of basic copyright protection I can use for a start?
4. I've heard that I can protect my work just by writing something prohibiting the use of artwork and stuff, is that true?
5. I suppose that to use some copyrighted content (like a song) I need to have the written permittance of the author, but how is it regulated?

1. If Italy has an income tax, then you have to pay tax on your income. Check with Italy's government website.
2. Italy.
3. Yes. Check with Italy's IP protection website.
4. Yes. Copyright is automatic.
5. It's regulated in two ways: (1) the owner of the IP you use without permission can take action against you, have the game removed, and sue you for damages; (2) the Google store might deny you permission to sell your game on their service if they believe you used someone's IP without permission.

Whoah, that was fast. Thanks, that sorted it out for me (finally)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS