• Create Account

We need your feedback on a survey! Each completed response supports our community and gives you a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card!

Sharing my game for testing.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 stitchs   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1310

1Likes

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

Hello,

A quick question: If I want to share my executable with the lovely community, to get some general feedback on gameplay/code etc. and my exe includes sound files, is there a problem with copyright issues? Currently, I have two sounds incorporated into my game that I have had on my computer for a while and for the life of me, I don't remember which websites I got them from, so as I can quote copyright.

Should I include them with the folder, or just share the game without said sound files?

Regards,

Stitchs.

Sponsor:

#2 yewbie   Members   -  Reputation: 665

4Likes

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

My rule of thumb is: "If you are not completely sure on the copywrite replace it".

=)

#3 incertia   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 779

1Likes

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

I agree with yewbie. Don't use music if you're afraid you will end up on the downside. On the other hand, Newgrounds has a lot of good music and it's all free, given that you include credits and don't use it commercially.
what

#4 atari_kid   Members   -  Reputation: 116

1Likes

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Depending on what type of sound that you want to replace, you could maybe check out Freesound for some Creative Commons audio assets.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS