• Create Account

2d Isometric Texturing

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stevesie   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

Hey guys- I've been working on a game for gamemaker studio and we've decided on a 2d isometric view. Now, overall my skill level with all types of game making is very low. (I've only been at it a total of about 4-5 months). So just keep that in mind when talking to me (think of me as a first grader when it comes to all of this lol).

The program of choice that i've decided on is Gimp. I downloaded gimp about a week ago and have since found wonderful tutorials on how to create space environments and planets to use. This will obviously be a good portion of the game art considering it is a space game, after all. However, where I'm running into problems finding tutorials is the actual creation of 2d isometric sprites (such as buildings, characters, ect). I haven't really been able to find tutorials that show how to go from start to finish on making the buildings. Luckily, through my own trial and error, I have figured out how to make the buildings, now I have to figure out how to texture them.

I've posted an example of what I have been able to accomplish with the 2d isometric grid that I downloaded.

If you guys could either give me some tips or show me some step by step tutorials on how to texture these things, I would be forever grateful.

Attached Thumbnails

• building2.png

Sponsor:

#2 Cap'n VG   Members   -  Reputation: 168

0Likes

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

Here are some tutorials

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/pixel-art-tutorials/

#3 Stevesie   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

ooh, those look good- wish you coulda posted em' a little earlier as I'm off to bed now- i'll put those under favorite and check em' out tomorrow when i get off work.. thanks a lot!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS