• Create Account

C++ What is XlatXdxInitXopServices()?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Muzzy A   Members   -  Reputation: 623

0Likes

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

I didn't know where to post this because i didnt know what it applied to.

Anyways, i'm running a simple little program that's just drawing 1 single sprite that is 64x64 pixels.

My framerate is at 400 fps with just this single sprite, whereas in a particle system i made, i get 900fps while rendering and updating 10k+ particles at any given moment.

I ran VTune on the application and 'XlatXdxInitXopServices()' was at the top of the list at using waaay more CPU time than any other function call.

I did a google search and had someone else help me do the google search, but cannot find anything about it other than World of Warcraft crashes and Star Wars crashes that result from it.

anyone know what it is or where it gets called?

EDIT:
I feel like it's something related to DirectX, not totally sure though

Edited by Muzzy A, 26 October 2012 - 01:05 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Taboo Builder   Members   -  Reputation: 914

0Likes

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

Simple Google search points to atiumdag.dll which is part of AMD driver

#3 Narf the Mouse   Members   -  Reputation: 318

0Likes

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

Are you creating and/or deleting anything each frame? Including by implication? What language? (Sounds like C++, if you're using DirectX directly)

#4 Muzzy A   Members   -  Reputation: 623

0Likes

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

im using c++ and d3d9. I found out that it was from calling directX functions. so i guess i'm making to many d3d calls in my program.

#5 Narf the Mouse   Members   -  Reputation: 318

0Likes

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

im using c++ and d3d9. I found out that it was from calling directX functions. so i guess i'm making to many d3d calls in my program.

Do you send each sprite in their own buffer, or as one buffer for all the sprites?

#6 Muzzy A   Members   -  Reputation: 623

0Likes

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

each sprite is in it's own buffer, but there is only 1 sprite, nothing else.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS