• Create Account

Android AssetManager - Case sensitive/

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 NiteLordz   Members   -  Reputation: 387

0Likes

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

in my engine, i open an asset using AAssetManager_open(__AssetManager, fixedName.CString(), AASSET_MODE_RANDOM);

this works fine, if the fixedName that is passed in has the same case as the file stored in the apk... how can i make it so that i can pass in a lower case name and have the file be stored as camelcase ( or whatever i want. )

or do i have to basically settle on every asset being saved on hard disk in one format, and loading that asset in the same format?
Code makes the man

Sponsor:

#2 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 20302

1Likes

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Most operating systems, including Linux (and therefore Android) use case sensitive file systems.

If the underlying file system is not case sensitive -- such as a FAT-formatted SD card -- then any case will work.

If the underlying file system is case sensitive -- which many device file systems are -- then your case must match.

Edited by frob, 26 October 2012 - 11:12 AM.

Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

#3 NiteLordz   Members   -  Reputation: 387

0Likes

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

so on Windows im fine, but on android i need to maintain the same case... thanks much :)
Code makes the man

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS