• Create Account

Is there a way for poster to "show off" when they make a game?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

So I'm wondering if this forum software has anything within its features to allow us to show when we've made a game and released it. Seeing as this is a game dev forum, this seems like the right thing to do. I was thinking maybe a badge, some sort of icon, or a different title. Something to indicate that we've created a game. I see we have galleries and such, but I don't know if those are for GD.Net+ members or anybody.

But yeah, something visible next to the person's name I think would be good. :)
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

Sponsor:

#2 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 28578

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

The IOTD is the regular 'show and tell' space.

#3 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8312

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

Note galleries and journals can be created and viewed by everyone (although I can only make one of each - perhaps GDNet+ members don't have this restriction).

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

#4 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Note galleries and journals can be created and viewed by everyone (although I can only make one of each - perhaps GDNet+ members don't have this restriction).

Good question.
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#5 sunandshadow   Moderators   -  Reputation: 4687

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

People are welcome to make a thread about a completed game in the your announcements forum, blog about it in their developer journal, and also post postmortems or tutorials using their work as an example in any relevant forum. IMHO, making a tutorial is the most long-lasting way to impress people, aside from actually getting them to play your game or announcing big sales figures.

Phone game idea available free to someone who will develop it (Alphadoku game - the only existing phone game of this type is both for windows phone only and awful. PM for details.)

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

#6 TheChubu   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3965

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

"Made pong" achievements for everyone!

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS