• Create Account

Creating Terrain in 3Ds Max and loading its information Bullet Physics

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Medo3337   Members   -  Reputation: 665

0Likes

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

I have created a terrain with heights using 3Ds Max, now I am looking to load its information into Bullet Physics so it act like in physical world, I have tried using btConvexHullShape to load the terrain information from .x file:
btConvexHullShape* groundShape = new btConvexHullShape((btScalar*)btVertices, numOfVertices, sizeof(btVector3));

It's not working as expected, am I loading the terrain correctly?

I am looking to load the terrain from DirectX .x file (LPD3DXMESH).

Sponsor:

#2 Krohm   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2960

0Likes

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

Of course not!
  • Do you at least know what a convex hull is?
  • How can you ever expect it to work?
  • Have you at least read the manual?
  • What do you think it's happening?
I see you're posting plenty of questions, most of which appear variations of the same problem. You should really consider not doing that.

#3 Medo3337   Members   -  Reputation: 665

0Likes

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hi Krohm,

I posted around 4 questions and they are different, I thought convex hull can work since I remember it worked with me once, you didn't provide a real answer, how should I load terrain information into Bullet Physics.

I have started using Bullet Physics few days ago.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS