• Create Account

TicTacToe v.1 - Test and Feedback.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 stitchs   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1281

0Likes

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hello,

I have finally got a working version of my on-off Tic-Tac-Toe project ready for release. What I am looking for now is some feedback from this wonderful community as to what I can improve before I enter my final stage of development.

List of known issues:
  • Cannot 'X' out of the window,
  • Sometimes a shape can't be placed in certain squares, I have yet to pin-point this but am working at it.
  • Not very pretty,
  • AI is simplistic,
  • Save file can be edited, presenting option to cheat,
  • I do not have access to another Windows PC, therefore cannot test if the EXE even runs!
  • There is a music loop, I have yet to find a royalty free sound so have edited this from my code.
The link can be found below to the RAR file:

https://dl.dropbox.c... by Stitchs.rar

I am currently editing a lot of rubbish out of my code and am yet unable to share this yet, but it will come soon for critique. Currently it's just the application.

Thanks so much for your time in reading and, if you do download and test, testing.

Regards,

Stitchs.

EDIT: I have now made my code available for Critique, I thank anyone in advance who takes the time to read it and provide feedback.

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xb5hwjnighz0osd/rFReIOf23z/Tic%20Tac%20Toe%20v1

Edited by stitchs, 01 November 2012 - 02:03 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 fastcall22   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4157

0Likes

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

What I am looking for now is some feedback from this wonderful community as to what I can improve before I enter my final stage of development.

If you want quality feedback, you might want to consider releasing the source code as well.
c3RhdGljIGNoYXIgeW91cl9tb21bMVVMTCA8PCA2NF07CnNwcmludGYoeW91cl9tb20sICJpcyBmYXQiKTs=

#3 Zelda.Alex   Members   -  Reputation: 119

0Likes

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

It is working. I would like to say some things but you already mentioned them in known issues. So good luck.

#4 stitchs   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1281

-1Likes

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

What I am looking for now is some feedback from this wonderful community as to what I can improve before I enter my final stage of development.

If you want quality feedback, you might want to consider releasing the source code as well.

I did explain in my post that I was in the process of releasing it:

I am currently editing a lot of rubbish out of my code and am yet unable to share this yet, but it will come soon for critique. Currently it's just the application.

If you have any feedback on what you have played, I would appreciate it otherwise, please don't restate to me what I have already promised.

@Zelda.Alex: were there any other issues that you came across, and could you list which particular ones from my list that did come up, just so I can get a more comprehensive view of what I might tackle first?

Regards,

Stitchs.

#5 Aliii   Members   -  Reputation: 1438

0Likes

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

Its not working for me: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). .....bla-bla"

#6 KingofNoobs   Members   -  Reputation: 301

0Likes

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

I had this same 0xc0000007b error for one of my applications on a non-developer machine. Can anyone shed some more light on the common causes of this error? Is it a 32/64 bit .dll issue? Or is it because I compiled using the new Win8 headers with VS2012 and tried to run the machine on Win7 without VS? Or something else...?

I wonder as I wander...

http://www.davesgameoflife.com

#7 stitchs   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1281

0Likes

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

I have edited my original post to include a link to the code from my project.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS