• Create Account

Which branch of mathematics teach about pathfinding?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 thescholar   Members   -  Reputation: 115

0Likes

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

So as the topic title already ask, which branch of mathematics teach pathfinding? I would like to learn more about similar process or topics. I remember having seen a mathematics book with some kind of pathfinding drawings (with nodes), I never could find it again.

Thanks for the insights!

Edited by thescholar, 29 October 2012 - 06:26 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

0Likes

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

Not to sound sarcastic, but the answer to your question as far as I know is: Computer Science. And yes, Computer Science is a branch of mathematics.
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#3 Álvaro   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 12365

4Likes

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

I am not sure what specifically deals with pathfinding, but you may want to try graph theory, or more generally discrete mathematics if you enjoy that kind of thing.

#4 thescholar   Members   -  Reputation: 115

0Likes

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

alvaro, I think it's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot. Thanks to you too Alpha_ProgDes.

#5 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

0Likes

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

As a courtesy, you should upvote alvaro since he gave you the answer you were looking for :)
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS