• Create Account

PIX - problems for D3D11 at 9.1 feature level

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 nietakt   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

I am having problems when trying to PIX-run apps that use D3D11 API but at D3D 9.* feature levels. The very same app built using feature levels >= 10.0 does not generate such problems.

It's hard for me to list all the things that are unavailable, but the issues I've come across so far are: (i) the inability to view geometry (Mesh tab) and (ii) depth buffer. All the information I get from PIX is the following vague message "There was a problem".

I am attaching screenshots illustrating the issue for a very simple app (a single non-textured quad) - one is for 10.0 and the other for 9.1 FL.

Is this a known issue? Do you happen to know how to make PIX fully functional for D3D11 at 9.* feature levels? Thanks Posted Image.

Attached Thumbnails

• PIX_D3D11_FL_10_0.png
  • PIX_D3D11_FL_9_1.png

Edited by nietakt, 30 October 2012 - 11:07 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 nietakt   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Any chances of getting an answer or a hint?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS