• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

After collision car greatly jumps [ video ]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 FDsagizi   Members   -  Reputation: 514

0Likes

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hi Posted Image

Use bullet physics and have problems

video:

Set body->setRestitution( 0 ); but sometimes it jumps

What should I do to stop it jumping?

PS. Sorry for my English

Sponsor:

#2 xissburg   Members   -  Reputation: 200

0Likes

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

Well, the front of the car is hitting the floor so it should received a great impulse, but it looks like your is kinda light and consequently has a low moment of inertia. You could try to edit the collision shape to have a higher front, just to get rid of that undesired effect.

#3 Postie   Members   -  Reputation: 1051

0Likes

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

Have you assigned a realistic mass to the car? If so, are the units you're using correct?
Currently working on an open world survival RPG - For info check out my Development blog: ByteWrangler

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS