• Create Account

C# stock quote API -- are you interested?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 ATC   Members   -  Reputation: 551

0Likes

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

I've been screwing around for a good while on writing a C# API for retrieving live equity (stock) quotes. Tonight I got it working and I'm pretty impressed! This is pretty cool! Posted Image

As of right now the project is really an experimental rough-draft... no where near a real API I'm willing to put my name behind... But what I'm wanting to know is if people would be interested in this. Would you be interested in a very fast and easy-to-use C# API that can accept any stock ticker symbol and return a full, real-time quote, from which you can easily read the data and integrate it directly into your software?

If this might be of interest to you then vote up and/or reply to this post; if it seems like a good handful of people might be interested in this I will write a usable version of the aforementioned API and offer it as freeware -- free of any charges or royalties. Since I've already gotten all the details worked out and have a working mini-prototype the work will not take me too long! I just don't want to do all the work if no one wants it!

The API returns stock quote objects that look a bit like this::

[source lang="csharp"]public class StockQuote{ /*----------------------------------------------------------------------------- * FIELDS & PROPERTIES :: *-----------------------------------------------------------------------------*/ /// <summary> /// Ticker symbol of the stock /// </summary> public string Ticker { get; set; } /// <summary> /// Name of the company /// </summary> public string CompanyName { get; set; } /// <summary> /// Description of exchange on which stock is traded /// </summary> public Exchange Exchange { get; set; } /// <summary> /// Name of base currency in which prices are quoted /// </summary> public string Currency { get; set; } /// <summary> /// Last trade price /// </summary> public float Last { get; set; } /// <summary> /// Today's high price /// </summary> public float High { get; set; } /// <summary> /// Today's low price /// </summary> public float Low { get; set; } /// <summary> /// Today's total trade volume (in n-shares) /// </summary> public uint Volume { get; set; } /// <summary> /// Average daily volume /// </summary> public uint VolumeAvg { get; set; } /// <summary> /// Total market capitalization /// </summary> public double MarketCap { get; set; } /// <summary> /// Today's opening price /// </summary> public float Open { get; set; } /// <summary> /// Last session's closing price /// </summary> public float PrevClose { get; set; } /// <summary> /// Net change for the day (in points) /// </summary> public float NetChange { get; set; } /// <summary> /// Net change for the day as percent /// </summary> public float PercentChange { get; set; } /*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------* ******************************************************************************* *-----------------------------------------------------------------------------*/};[/source]

Sooo... let me know! Feel free to post any suggestions/ideas as well! ;-)

Regards,

--ATC--

Edited by ATC, 31 October 2012 - 11:44 PM.

Please visit our new forums and help us test them and break the ice!
___________________________________________________________________________________

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS