• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

HTML 5 Canvas game programming

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Xeinnex   Members   -  Reputation: 130

0Likes

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

so i want to start testing the capabilities of the canvas element of html 5, i already got a couple books on the subject, but i like to code my own stuff, i quickly reached a point where i just had to post here asking for help.

so the thing is, im trying to code a game like Arkanoid, as i think its a game that will test the stuff i need tested on canvas.

so im going to assume you are familiar with Arkanoid games, and im going to show you the problem im having:

as you can see in this flash game:
http://www.2flashgames.com/fullscreen.php?id=4695.htm
the player bar movement is really sharp, it follows the mouse like immediately, no delay, almost no flickring.

in my attempt on canvas:
http://parkamoid.webatu.com/
it takes a small delay for the bar to reach the mouse position, i have tried a lot of stuff trying to fix the issue, but i just cant figure out the reason.

so any suggestions?

Edited by Xeinnex, 02 November 2012 - 04:08 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 DpakoH   Members   -  Reputation: 1008

0Likes

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

if you make the cursor invisible, the user wont feel the difference. it is the same with the flash game i think :)

#3 Xeinnex   Members   -  Reputation: 130

0Likes

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

i tried it already and it was even worse, i just hid the cursor, you should be able to test it now and see what i mean.

#4 shadowomf   Members   -  Reputation: 315

0Likes

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Doesn't work at all on my system. I see the blocks, but tere is no movement.
Browser is Seamonkey 2.12.2

Normally everthing works fine, including Canvas. Even WebGL.

Edited by shadowomf, 03 November 2012 - 01:19 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS