I am in my last year of BA studies and as such I have to be all academical and such. I have to write the very important paper, all the university kids have to write. Being mostly interested in Game Design and User Interfaces and since I am studying graphic design I thought it might be a good idea to search for a topic somewhere in between.
Currently I am trying to find out Who would consider a game interface an art and why. Because of that I go to you! If you could answer as much of these questions I would be eternally grateful. Your opinion matters and this paper should help clarify the topic.
Please, also note, that all of these questions are meant to be what you personally think or believe so. If your believes are similar to a book that’s fine as I am not necessarily looking for originality, but rather for a personal opinion. Of course if your opinion ends up being unique all the better.
So here we go:
- Would you consider a game interface an art? Why yes/not? If yes, can you show/tell any examples?
- Do you have any background in arts – university/hobby…?
- Can you imagine a sole game interface hanging/running as a video in a gallery at some point in the future?
- To what extend do you think is game interface an integral part of a game?
- Do you consider a game art an art?
- Do you see any difference between design and art?
- Where do you work? (company name or just industry is fine enough)
- What is your process? (do you think it is closer to a designer or an artist)
- Have you ever been mistaken for an artist if you are a designer (or vice versa)?
- Have you ever considered you could express yourself with user interface? How did it go? Can you show/tell me?
Once again, thank you for taking the time reading this and sharing your opinion.