• Create Account

We need your feedback on a survey! Each completed response supports our community and gives you a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card!

Was the Commodore 64 used to make games for NES or Atari?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigbadbear9885   Members   -  Reputation: 177

0Likes

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

I've heard the Amiga and Sharp x68000 was used with their graphic programs (like Dpaint) to make 16 bit games for Snes and Genesis etc

So I wondered if that was the same thing for the Commodore 64 and NES, was the c64 used for NES development.

By the way, when companys would go this route, how did the programming part go?

Did they just have to type the code into one of those computers and then send them to the company to put on a cartridge, or was there processor specific assemblers on those kind of computers, or was there emulators for them?

You get what I'm trying to say, I'd just like to know, how exactly game dev on those old consoles on those kind of Computers worked.

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10179

0Likes

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

The OP wrote a 2nd thread (also about C64), so I've closed this one.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS