"Code Sign error: A valid provisioning profile matching the application's Identifier 'com.myfakecompany.testo' could not be found"
Here's what I have done:
- Paid $100 to Apple.
- generated a Apple Developer Certificate. Don't really understand what this means, but followed the instructions, and I think it worked. My Keychain Access program thingie shows an item for the certificate like iPhone Developer: John Doe (AB12C3BLAH) with an item like iOS Developer: John Doe (John Doe) below it in the tree view. When I click on the lower item it says "certificate is valid"
- From Apple's provisioning portal, created an App ID for 'com.myfakecompany.testo'.
- From the provisioning portal, created a Development provisioning profile with this app ID.
- Downloaded the above and dragged this file into XCode's Organizer window into the item for provisioning profiles for my iPad. This all seems like it worked, in the listview in Organizer I see an item form the provisioning profile with App ID like <10-char rand alphanumeric string>.com.myfakecompany.testo that has a green check mark next to it.
- Entered com.myfakecompany.testo into my XCode project in two places, as the Bundle ID in the Info.plist file and as the Bundle ID in the project 'info' tab.
- Set all the Code Signing Identity preferences in the build settings of the project to "iPhone Developer: John Doe (AB12C3BLAH)"
Edited by jwezorek, 05 November 2012 - 01:35 PM.