• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

PyGame - Multi-Directional Movement and Sprite Transformations

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Safixk   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hey There! I'm making a game using Python(v2.6.6), and the PyGame library.
It's a RPG game, and I've barely started... But questions have already come up.
I want to make a way in which the character will not only go in all directions...
But I also want it so the sprite changes according to the direction I'm going.
I've managed to create a loop that animates the walking movement - For the Up and Down directions
but the image doesn't turn around according to the direction... Also the way I made to loop the images
was a I thing that came up to me - I'm not sure if it's correct, nor if its the best way to do so.

Here's my code, and thanks for any and all help:
[source lang="python"]import pygame, sys, globfrom pygame import *pygame.init()size = width, height = 600,400clock = pygame.time.Clock()black = 0,0,0screen = pygame.display.set_mode(size)class player: def __init__(self): self.x = 300 self.y = 200 self.ani_speed_init=10 self.ani_speed=self.ani_speed_init self.ani = glob.glob("chardown*.png") self.ani.sort() self.ani_pos=0 self.ani_max = len(self.ani) -1 self.img = pygame.image.load(self.ani[0]) self.update(0) def update(self, pos): if pos != 0: self.ani_speed-=1 self.y+=pos if self.ani_speed == 0: self.img = pygame.image.load(self.ani[self.ani_pos]) self.ani_speed = self.ani_speed_init if self.ani_pos == self.ani_max: self.ani_pos = 0 else: self.ani_pos+=1 screen.blit(self.img,(self.x,self.y))player1 = player()pos = 0while 1: clock.tick(60) screen.fill(black) for event in pygame.event.get(): if event.type == pygame.QUIT: sys.exit() elif event.type == KEYDOWN and event.key == K_DOWN: pos = 1 elif event.type == KEYUP and event.key == K_DOWN: pos = 0 elif event.type == KEYDOWN and event.key == K_UP: pos = -1 elif event.type == KEYUP and event.key == K_UP: pos = 0 player1.update(pos) pygame.display.update()[/source]

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS