• Create Account

MSVC2010 preprocessor definition for current configuration

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Giallanon   Members   -  Reputation: 1178

0Likes

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

I've a solution with many projects and I need to declare some preprocessor definition like GOS_OS_WINDOWS and GOS_RENDERER_DX9 in order to select which OS to use and which renderer to use.

Since now, my solution has been to create different configurations and then edit every single project adding the right preprocessor defines.

So, for example, I've the configuration [DEBUG Win32 DX9] and every project that is included in this configuration have the GOS_OS_WINDOWS and GOS_RENDERER_DX9 defined by clicking on proprietis | c++ preprocessor and so on.

Then I've the [DEBUG Win32 DX11] configuration, which in turn need to define GOS_OS_WINDOWS and GOS_RENDERER_DX11.
I guess you've got the idea.

Is there a way to tell MSVC that I want GOS_OS_WINDOWS and GOS_RENDERER_DX9 defined for all projects that stay in a [DEBUG Win32 DX9] configuration without editing every single projects?

Sponsor:

#2 mrbastard   Members   -  Reputation: 1573

0Likes

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

You can almost certainly do this with Project Property Sheets

Where I work IIRC there's a hierarchy of increasingly specific .vsprops files.

Edited by mrbastard, 10 November 2012 - 04:58 AM.

#3 Giallanon   Members   -  Reputation: 1178

0Likes

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

Thank you, it seems promising. I'll look into it

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS