• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

"Follow Your Passions, ignore your feelings"

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 DJLad16   Members   -  Reputation: 101

0Likes

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

After browsing the FAQs and looking at what degree I may need I stumbled along this quote.
Here's my problem, I have a "passion" for games and wanting to create them (and how they're made) but I have "feeling" that if I take a game development course it will be harder for me to get into the game industry than if I had a computer science degree. But I may enjoy the game development course more than the CS course. However, it may not benefit me as much as CS degree would

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10173

0Likes

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

[brackets added]

After browsing the FAQs and looking at what degree I may need I stumbled along this quote.
["Follow Your Passions, ignore your feelings"]
Here's my problem, I have a "passion" for games and wanting to create them (and how they're made) but I have "feeling" ["feeling" deleted, since "feelings" should be ignored]

Here's another FAQ: http://sloperama.com/advice/entry65.htm (how to ask good questions).
Since the advice is to ignore your feelings, why are you mentioning your feelings?
Also, when you say you have a passion for creating games, you weren't specific as to which job you're leaning towards. Here's another FAQ: http://sloperama.com/advice/lesson34.htm (which degree for which job).
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS