• Create Account

Try to write a Game engine

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 xiajia   Members   -  Reputation: 163

0Likes

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

I am going to write a 2D game engine based on OpenGL, is now complete one part, but encounter many problems, I hope everyone can give some advice.The whole project source code and some examples here.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xeffect2d/

Sponsor:

#2 SamiHuutoniemi   Members   -  Reputation: 259

0Likes

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

You might want to state some of the questions here, and you might get some help...

#3 xiajia   Members   -  Reputation: 163

0Likes

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

I want to check memory error with [Rational Purify].
But test program will exit when started.
The [Rational Purify] prompted the following information:
[I] Starting Purify'd SDL_Test.exe at 2012-11-22 17:55:00
[I] Starting main
[W] PAR: GetKeyboardLayoutNameA. Length of the memory addressed by pointer is too small.... {1 occurrence}
[I] Message: SetWindowsHookEx(0x0) may not function as expected when you...
[I] MAF: Memory allocation failure of 65536 bytes in VirtualAlloc {1 occurrence}
[I] Summary of all memory leaks... {16176 bytes, 20 blocks}
[W] PAR: VirtualFree(0x7ff40000, 0x0, 0x8000) arg #1 (lpAddress) not within reserved or committed region. {1 occurrence}
[I] Exiting with code 3 (0x00000003)
[I] Program terminated at 2012-11-22 17:55:09
I do not know why. Is Rational Purify set incorrectly?

#4 xiajia   Members   -  Reputation: 163

0Likes

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

The new version (1.0.1245) has been uploaded.Modify some bugs.
A new example (examplePhysics.zip), this example for demonstration collision detection and physical simulation. (press 's' key to put an object, press 'd' key to start the simulation, simulation stop if an error occurs)
exampleFish (bin). zip: a complete example of using the 1080p resolution, demonstrates the shader.
exampleGemGame.zip: a complete game with 720p resolution.
exampleControl.zip: example demonstrates various functions, including control, video playback, audio, sequence frame, guide curves.

Edited by xiajia, 09 December 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#5 L. Spiro   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 13270

0Likes

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

I want to check memory error with [Rational Purify].
But test program will exit when started.
The [Rational Purify] prompted the following information:
[I] Starting Purify'd SDL_Test.exe at 2012-11-22 17:55:00
[I] Starting main
[W] PAR: GetKeyboardLayoutNameA. Length of the memory addressed by pointer is too small.... {1 occurrence}
[I] Message: SetWindowsHookEx(0x0) may not function as expected when you...
[I] MAF: Memory allocation failure of 65536 bytes in VirtualAlloc {1 occurrence}
[I] Summary of all memory leaks... {16176 bytes, 20 blocks}
[W] PAR: VirtualFree(0x7ff40000, 0x0, 0x8000) arg #1 (lpAddress) not within reserved or committed region. {1 occurrence}
[I] Exiting with code 3 (0x00000003)
[I] Program terminated at 2012-11-22 17:55:09
I do not know why. Is Rational Purify set incorrectly?

If you want help on this, make another topic in which the name of the topic clearly indicates the classification of the troubles you are having.
The people who can help with this type of issue are not going to look for such issues inside a topic called “Try to write a Game engine”.

L. Spiro
It is amazing how often people try to be unique, and yet they are always trying to make others be like them. - L. Spiro 2011
I spent most of my life learning the courage it takes to go out and get what I want. Now that I have it, I am not sure exactly what it is that I want. - L. Spiro 2013
I went to my local Subway once to find some guy yelling at the staff. When someone finally came to take my order and asked, “May I help you?”, I replied, “Yeah, I’ll have one asshole to go.”
L. Spiro Engine: http://lspiroengine.com
L. Spiro Engine Forums: http://lspiroengine.com/forums

#6 xiajia   Members   -  Reputation: 163

0Likes

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

I see,thx,i will make a new topic.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS