• Create Account

Resource file IO in C++

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 mikenovemberoscar   Members   -  Reputation: 215

0Likes

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

Hello all.

I am creating a project in C++.
Essentially the user creates a text file alongside the program, then the program reads this, and runs, using these values for parts of the output.

The user could then share their 'version' of the program with their friends, their 'version' being the version where they have edited the text file to some custom values of their choice.

I created this, but I would like that after the user shared their 'version', the new user cannot see the original created text file, but the new user's program will run using the original user's text file values.

I am aware in Mac OSX resources are stored inside the .app bundle. Is there a way for a program to (when given the instruction), copy an external text file into it's own 'app bundle'?

I'm sorry for the rather poor explanation Posted Image

Thanks

mikenovemberoscar

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS