• Create Account

Work in progress projects in demo reel?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 3DModelerMan   Members   -  Reputation: 993

0Likes

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Would this be a bad idea? I have a project that has some pretty polished gameplay, but I haven't completed it's content yet. I want to apply for a game programming job and I've finished one other game project, and this one's about half way finished. I don't think one game would be enough but this one is half done. I'm probably going to have some other stuff one my demo reel as well (small demo projects like graphics demos, physics, etc).

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9450

2Likes

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

As long as it's yours, you're free to show it in your portfolio.
In general, it's not good to include stuff you have to apologize for or "explain," but if that's all you've got, go for it. Also you can put a link in your cover email and say "here's what I'm working on currently." No apologies necessary.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#3 3DModelerMan   Members   -  Reputation: 993

0Likes

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Okay. I'll do that then. I'll just mark it as work in progress. What kind of demos should I make aside from my finished games?

#4 dakota.potts   Members   -  Reputation: 455

1Likes

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

In my opinion, it depends on what your part is. For example, if the game's halfway there but you have a song or a character model or game engine to go with the game, those pieces would still be good to include. Nothing you should have to explain or rationalize unless there's a good reason for it.

#5 3DModelerMan   Members   -  Reputation: 993

0Likes

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

I built the entire game except for the music.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS