• Create Account

Cross-Platform Web Browser Control for Winforms

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Drakken255   Members   -  Reputation: 173

0Likes

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Hello all,

I am trying to port my program, PatchCraft to Linux and Mac, but Mono doesn't have a WebBrowser control for OSX. The browser control is essential, so I can't remove it, and I'm having massive trouble finding any other working and documented library out there. The control doesn't even have to be capable of much; my pages have no more than text, hyperlinks, and an external stylesheet. The problem lies in the fact that either each library isn't well documented, or it only works for one or two of the three platforms. Ideally, the library I need would build into a single DLL to be shipped with PatchCraft that will wrap runtimes developed for each respective OS.

I've searched long and hard for a solution, but I am beginning to get very confused by it all and would very much appreciate a simple "step-by-step" guide on this. I must stress again that the library I need must work on Windows without Mono, and on both Linux and Mac WITH Mono, and not include 2 GB (exaggeration) worth of redists and natives that I myself must distribute.

On a side note, GeckoFX has failed me by working fine on Windows alone, but producing this exception (produced by custom handler) under Windows Mono:

An unhandled exception has occurred!
at (wrapper managed-to-native) Skybound.Gecko.Xpcom:NS_NewNativeLocalFile (Skybound.Gecko.nsACString,bool,object&)
at Skybound.Gecko.Xpcom.Initialize (System.String binDirectory) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PatchCraft.Program.Begin (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Any ideas?

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS