• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Don't forget to read Tuesday's email newsletter for your chance to win a free copy of Construct 2!

How to use a preset shader at 3ds max startup?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 lucky6969b   Members   -  Reputation: 624

0Likes

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

I want every scene I create to use the same shader.
Where can I set it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jack

Sponsor:

#2 Kryzon   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 3237

0Likes

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

I don't know what you mean with 'use the same shader'. Is it a library material in the material editor?

In any case, any MaxScript that's left in 3DS's STARTUP folder is loaded and executed (or in MaxScript terms, 'evaluated') every time you start 3DS Max. So every time you boot 3DS, the program would load all the scripts in that folder and execute them.
If you can code a script to setup the scene shader in the specific way you want and then place this script in STARTUP, you're golden.

MaxScript is awesome. If 3DS is your major tool of choice (or your company's, or team's), you'd be in a very good position to learn all about this script system: Autodesk - Official MaxScript Reference

Edited by Kryzon, 26 November 2012 - 06:58 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS