• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Graphics library demo

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 simpler   Members   -  Reputation: 913

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

I just finished a demo for my graphics library that is under development. It lets you create objects, lights and play around with some terrain tools to show the current features. I plan to continue improving the library, adding more features and use it in my next game projects. Some of the current features:
  • Multiple lights
  • Hardware skinning
  • Model importer (Assimp)
  • Normal mapping
  • Shadow mapping
  • Heightmap terrain
  • Basic collision detection
It's written in C++ and uses DirectX 11 for rendering, Gwen for the UI and Assimp to import models. If you are interested in the source code then take a look at my github profile.
The demo application can be downloaded from my homepage.

I made a short video showing what it looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtyiMWQpZtg&feature=plcp

And here's a screenshot:
Posted Image

Thanks for reading!

Edited by simpler, 16 November 2012 - 03:43 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Ashaman73   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8001

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

Looks pretty solid, good work :D

#3 simpler   Members   -  Reputation: 913

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

Thanks Ashaman! :)

#4 DpakoH   Members   -  Reputation: 1029

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

very impressive work! can you share what books,articles,etc did you use to build this awesome project ? :)

#5 simpler   Members   -  Reputation: 913

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Thanks DpakoH! The book I used to learn about DirectX 11 was Frank D. Lunas book Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 11, It's really good. I had some troubles extracting the bone animation data from Assimp, but this article and downloadable code on nolimitsdesigns.com helped me a lot :)

#6 unbird   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6018

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

Nice work. No glitches (Win7 64, AMD Phenom, Geforce 560), and well structured code. Congrats.

Hmmm, why can't one +1 this ? Heck, it's githubbed.

PS: Yep, my vote for Luna, too (I would have bought that book, if Jasons/MJPs did not come earlier, but for beginners Luna is probably better)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS