• Create Account

SharpDX references

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xanather   Members   -  Reputation: 709

0Likes

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

Im going to start using SharpDX for my primary development API, I am aware it can just be a thin layer between C# and C++/DirectX.

Thats why I am asking this, can anyone recommend easy to learn books for DirectX? I honestly do not know much C++ but I do feel competent in C#.

Currently all I want to do is develop a 2D game and may use the SharpDX Toolkit (which is a XNA like framework) once its released in full, but if I dont use the Toolkit knowing DirectX will obviously be needed.

All I need to know is:
- basic 2D texture drawing (with a color component for tinting)
- play sounds from file
- basic keyboard/mouse input

Edit: I have just realized that the topic name is incorrect, sorry! Also even if I do use the toolkit knowing DirectX will still be helpful for me.

All replies appreciated, thanks.
Xanather.

Edited by Xanather, 16 November 2012 - 04:30 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Gavin Williams   Members   -  Reputation: 666

0Likes

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

I will recommend the two books I own on Direct X :(1) Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 11 and (2) Practical Rendering & Computation with Direct 3D 11. They are very different books, I would say the first one is more practically useful. The second is more of a reference on the pipeline, with some coverage of some advanced techniques. But they have both been useful at different times and there is still a lot in there for me to dig into. As far as translating to C# you'll find that there is mostly a 1:1 mapping between Direct X and SharpDX/SlimDX. You'll certainly be able to work out the translation in most cases.

#3 Xanather   Members   -  Reputation: 709

0Likes

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Ok, cool thanks.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS