About a year ago my friend and I took part in the Ludum Dare Jam and won 2nd place with our HTML5 game Together Alone. Since then, we've worked on a sequel, improving the game in many ways. It's a puzzle game; the 'hook' is that you can control multiple characters in a single puzzle. It also has a funny story about a couple in a love/hate relationship.
We've just released our second beta version. It's already fairly polished and pretty close to how we see the final game, although there's still a ton of little things left to do. I thought now would be a good time to ask for some feedback.
Specifically, I'm wondering about the following:
- Do the first few levels and tooltips do a good job of teaching you the game?
- Is the difficulty progression okay?
- Is there enough variety in the game elements?
- Do you think the story adds to the game, or is it more of an annoyance to you?
- Any comments about the look of the game?
- Do you have any other comments or tips?