• Create Account

Creating Texture2D with OpenCL

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 147   Members   -  Reputation: 197

0Likes

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hello everyone, I have a further question. Is it possible to Transfer a Image to the gpu with OpenCL and use it as a Texture2D with DirectX11? And if, who can I manage this?

Sponsor:

#2 hupsilardee   Members   -  Reputation: 486

1Likes

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

Why aren't you using DX compute shader? Probably the only way to get OpenCL/D3D11 interop is using a CPU copy

#3 unbird   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5111

1Likes

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Nope, interop is part of the extension specs, for DX 11 look here: OpenCL 1.2 Extensions.

Do you have an NVidia card ? My card reports only OpenCL 1.1 but has the vendor extension cl_nv_d3d11_sharing. The functions look quite the same.

The OpenCL Programming Guide code samples come with a DX 10 interop example (dynamically changing a vertex buffer and a Texture2D), maybe you can adapt this to DX 11.

#4 MJP   Moderators   -  Reputation: 11454

0Likes

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Yeah, it's possible using vendor-specific extensions. But your life will be much easier if you can just use a compute shader instead.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS