• Create Account

Do you hate social games and virtual farming?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 reppinfreedom   Members   -  Reputation: 106

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

If so... You probably hate me. Posted Image A Japan or China based social gaming company (forget who, sixwaves or someone) researched who was the first person to launch a virtual farming game on any US social network an it was confirmed to be me! I didn't make that much money off it. I was only making around 100k/month at the top before I started selling the app off.

Proof? Just google "designermichael llc playsocial vs zynga". Check my username which is same as on FB "http://facebook.com/reppinfreedom".

So, how many haters are there in here? Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Sponsor:

#2 reppinfreedom   Members   -  Reputation: 106

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Here is additional proof for any remaining disbelievers. Tax scan from before when I sold the business off to a friend. Hardly could call it a business... I was the only programmer/developer and managing a 14+ server cluster and game development. Got burned out quite fast. I wasn't interested in hiring and expanding into a full company and just hired contractors for art and server structure optimization. I also had a overnight part time user support guy hired through odesk who had a special email address rigged to a blaring alarm on my smartphone for server issues. Getting woken up at 3am for a mysql database corruption is a lot of fun!

Anyway... How many game developers in here are interested in getting some free tips on how to break into social gaming? I'm in a good mood today and feel like sharing some tips. If anyone doesn't like social gaming and social games it's probably because you just don't understand the business. I worked on a bunch of apps for friend of mine that grew to over 250k users/day before launching my own game.

What gave me an edge is that I was an affiliate marketer as a hobby early in college. Without some kind of marketing background it's very hard to make it in social gaming...

Attached Thumbnails

• 2009-Tax-Share.png

Edited by reppinfreedom, 17 November 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#3 Gavin Williams   Members   -  Reputation: 646

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Is this a scam ? Are you going to ask me for money next ?

#4 Oberon_Command   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1827

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

I'm not certain that you'll find much interest here.

Edited by Oberon_Command, 17 November 2012 - 11:10 PM.

#5 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 17729

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Please don't spam... or... whatever this is.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS