• Create Account

Computing spherical harmonic coefficients for HDR images

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 opengl_beginner   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

Hi there again! Posted Image

I am dealing with spherical harmonics once again. The new problem is the following:

I would like to compute the SH coefficients of HDR images and construct a sphere map of it.

I've started my looking at the official project page, which contains the function prefilter.c.
The code structure is the following:
input(filename, width) ;
prefilter(width) ;
tomatrix() ;

Unfortunately though, when I tried running the c-file on HDR images, I got an error (incompatible format). The accepted format is .float. I would like to change the input(filename, width) function to accept the HDR format as well.
The next idea I came up with was to use a library to read HDR images, namely, the following.
Unfortunately though, this one is written in C++. Thus, I am asking myself how to combine the two.

Any ideas on how to get started would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS