• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Where would I request playtesters on this site?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 DonpatchF   Members   -  Reputation: 150

0Likes

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

I am currently building an opensource game in java and in the future, when I think it's ready, I would like to show it to anyone on gamedev(my favorite site :3) who may want to give it a try and give me some feed back.

But on which part of the site would I make the request?

Sponsor:

#2 FLeBlanc   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3117

2Likes

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

Classifieds.

#3 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 20900

1Likes

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

If looking for people to play it once and give feedback, then For Announcements.
If recruiting dedicated testers, Classifieds.
It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#4 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10148

0Likes

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Servant OTL's response is spot on. Before any would-be testers start posting their email addresses, I'm closing this.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS