• Create Account

Loading .X File Vehicle into Bullet Physics

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Medo3337   Members   -  Reputation: 680

0Likes

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

I need suggestion on loading .X file vehicle that I made in 3Ds Max into bullet physics, there will be a single .x file that will contain everything including the vehicle body, wheels, etc..., how do I load those information into bullet so I can have a vehicle acting like in physical world?

Sponsor:

#2 Steve_Segreto   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1551

0Likes

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

The problem is that the X File describes the geometry for rendering purposes. For rigid body physics simulation and vehicle physics you need different, simpler primitives, not to mention lots of non-render information like force, maximum rotation, mass, etc.

Edited by Steve_Segreto, 21 November 2012 - 02:07 AM.

#3 Medo3337   Members   -  Reputation: 680

0Likes

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

Hi Steve,

Do you have any code sample or example? I'm looking to setup a whole vehicle from .x file and add the wheels and chassis as well, of course other information such as mass, force, wheel friction, etc... can be manipulated and bullet will use to decide the transformation for the wheels and the chassis.

#4 Steve_Segreto   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1551

0Likes

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

http://bulletphysics.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=3416

#5 Medo3337   Members   -  Reputation: 680

0Likes

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

I tried to download this source code before I even posted this, the link http://code.google.com/p/game-ws/ is broken.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS