• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Please have more server errors

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 LennyLen   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4033

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

So I can play Pac Man more often Posted Image

Sponsor:

#2 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 9294

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

How about: after you post in a thread, a little applet to play a retro game of your choice pops up below your post, so you can play until the thread gets a reply? Posted Image

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

#3 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3986

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

How about: after you post in a thread, a little applet to play a retro game of your choice pops up below your post, so you can play until the thread gets a reply? Posted Image

I'd +1 this.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

#4 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6991

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

People sit around and wait until someone replies?
[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#5 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 9294

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

People sit around and wait until someone replies?

Of course not, it was a joke Posted Image

(well, sometimes I aimlessly browse youtube videos while waiting for GD activity when I'm really bored - yes, shame on me)

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS