• Create Account

Doom 1 source code and WAD loading

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 game of thought   Members   -  Reputation: 212

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

Since the Shareware version of doom doesn't support loading of other iwads. If i were to compile my own doom using the source, and i had another iwad, would i be able to load this iwad(not shareware iwad, probably aliens tc or something), or would it block it like the shareware version?

Sponsor:

#2 Shippou   Members   -  Reputation: 1528

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

If you have your own custom coded version of the source, you can make it do whatever you wish it to do.
Simply recompiling the source, will not prove any additional benefits if you do not inject your own code.

Note: the version of DOOM source you have, is the Linux version - I have a copy of it myself. They did not release the MAC and DOS versions, due to patent / copyright claims.

Edited by Shippou, 24 November 2012 - 08:14 AM.

Reactions To Technologies:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.

- Douglas Adams 2002

#3 game of thought   Members   -  Reputation: 212

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Thanks

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS