• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

XNA XACT Where do I place the project file?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 subwayheaven   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Hello,

I've been trying and looking on the internet for ages now, but where exactly do you place the .xap file? I've read that you should place the file in your content folder, but I have a content folder located in;

TheGame\TheGameContent\

But I also have;

TheGame\TheGame\bin\x86\Debug\Content

Which is it? If I add the .xap file to the latter it recognises it when I refresh the solution explorer, but the former does not.

However, if I add the .xap to the latter it gives an error saying it can't find it when I use the following line of code to access it;

ae = new AudioEngine(@"Content\game_content\audio\xact\Win\xna xact file.xgs");

This line apparently gets the \x86\debug path.

Any advice?

Thanks

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS