• Create Account

Generate contours from image

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Martin Perry   Members   -  Reputation: 1248

0Likes

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hi,

I want to generate contours from image based on several values (tressholds in A, B, C....). So far, I am using Marching Squares, which works fine. Now for the problem. If I use MATLAB "contourc" function, I got far better results. My main problem is with duplicite contours.
Is there any better and still easy to implement algorithm besides Marching Squares ? And If anonyo knew, what MATLAB is using...

Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6974

0Likes

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

I don't know much about this, but there's a link at the bottom of countorc's documentation to The Contouring Algorithm, which may interest you.
[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#3 Martin Perry   Members   -  Reputation: 1248

0Likes

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

I alreday read documentation for contourc. From that, it seems like similar aproach to marching squares. Hovewer, their algorithm doesn´t generate too much nested contours and has less contours for image while maintaining almost same visual as my Marching Squares.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS