• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

Using environment variables in include directive

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 eppo   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2507

0Likes

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to get the pre-Windows 8 XAudio2 headers from the DirectX SDK to work under VS2012.
At one point the documentation tells me to add the following line of code...

#include <%DXSDK_DIR%Include\xaudio2.h>

..., which doesn't work: cannot open include file.

I assume this is because it's not possible to literally specify environment variables this way?

Sponsor:

#2 fastcall22   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4369

0Likes

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

At one point the documentation tells me to add the following line of code...

#include <%DXSDK_DIR%Include\xaudio2.h>

Do you have a link to the documentation? I'd like to see some context for this code.

I assume this is because it's not possible to literally specify environment variables this way?

No, it is not possible. What I'm assuming is implied by the code is:
1. Add $(DXSDK_DIR)\Include to the include path of your Microsoft.win32.cpp.user properties sheet.
2. Add $(DXSDK_DIR)\Lib\x86 to the library path of your Microsoft.win32.cpp.user properties sheet.
3. Include <xaudio2.h>
c3RhdGljIGNoYXIgeW91cl9tb21bMVVMTCA8PCA2NF07CnNwcmludGYoeW91cl9tb20sICJpcyBmYXQiKTs=

#3 eppo   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2507

0Likes

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

Here is the specific page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee663275.aspx

I already have this working, but the thing is: you have to add the complete path to the header files (#include <C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)/Include/xaudio2.h>), otherwise they will conflict with the newer headers from the Windows 8 SDK.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS