• Create Account

Making UI text look good with ID3DXFont?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tispe   Members   -  Reputation: 978

0Likes

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

Hi guys.

What can I do to enhance the visual appearance of text generated from ID3DXFont? Does Scaleform middleware build on ID3DXFont or have they rolled their own?

So.... do I have to render my UI to a texture, apply some gaussian kernels etc to get better quality text, or are there other ways?

Here is what I have, the blue one on the left. On the right is some AAA titles for comparison.

Posted Image

Edited by Tispe, 27 November 2012 - 12:43 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 Tispe   Members   -  Reputation: 978

0Likes

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

bump -.-

#3 Slig Commando   Members   -  Reputation: 334

0Likes

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

I am not sure because I have never worked with ID3DXFont, but if you could run the draw call through a shader program you could apply anti aliasing, color adjustments and other effects to make the text look better, but I think generally you are going to be better off rolling your own font/text engine.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS