I'd love some feedback on my software website and my projects!,
Members - Reputation: 215
Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:45 PM
I'd love any critique or comments from gamedev.net!
Senior Staff - Reputation: 24593
Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:58 PM
A few notes:
- Your heading is an image, but it's actually just some relatively simple text. You should just use text rather than the image; it's better for search engines and screen-readers (used by the vision impaired), and it will likely decrease your file-size (and therefore loading time) and page rendering time slightly.
- You shouldn't customise the scrollbar; all this does it make it (granted, only slightly) harder to recognise and use, and is generally considered bad practice. People are used to seeing and using the standard scroll-bar.
- For me, your choice of font isn't very clear. It almost looks like a print-out where the printer is running out of ink. Choose a font that is clear and easy to read. Given the low information density of your pages I would probably increase the font size (therefore promoting readability) as well.
- I'd add a brief about page with a little information about you, or you might even simply include a short by-line at the bottom of the homepage.
- I wouldn't bother with the obfuscation of your email address personally, preferring plain text or even a clickable mailto link instead. This is your spam filter's job. My gmail address is plainly available all over the internet, but the spam filtering is good enough that I haven't seen any spam in my inbox for years. Alternatively if you're not comfortable, use a simple "contact" form instead.
Hope that helps!
- Jason Astle-Adams.