• Create Account

Temple run clone

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

#1 rajesh msen   Members   -  Reputation: 125

0Likes

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

Hi guys,
How much budge and time needed to produce a game like Temple run with the exact same features. I am asking about only programming not the arts . Thanks in advance .

msen

Sponsor:

#2 smr   Members   -  Reputation: 1615

0Likes

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

Need more information.

What are your target platforms?

Would you use a game engine like Unity?

How many programmers will you have?

How experienced are your programmers?

Even after having this information, we can only give you wild guesses.

#3 rajesh msen   Members   -  Reputation: 125

0Likes

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

target platform is iOS and i want to take only one developer . Unity3d game engine . 4 years experienced programmer can you guess approximately how much it will cost for development and time frame . Only programming not game assets . thank you

#4 SimonForsman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5991

0Likes

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

programmingwise it is an insanely simple game (Especially with an engine like unity), so a few weeks should be enough. it is the artwork that requires the real work for such a game.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

#5 rajesh msen   Members   -  Reputation: 125

0Likes

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

no i am talking about everything i that game not just running . coin effects , special powers and there effects , implementing transaction for buying coins , gui , polishing and testing . Complete game . How much approzi budget it will take and how many months . thank you

#6 SimonForsman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5991

0Likes

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

no i am talking about everything i that game not just running . coin effects , special powers and there effects , implementing transaction for buying coins , gui , polishing and testing . Complete game . How much approzi budget it will take and how many months . thank you

as i said, its not that much, the running is a few hours work with Unity3D, a few weeks is more than enough to implement transactions(there are finished libraries for this), gui, special coins, etc.
Artwise you got several manmonths of work though.

Edited by SimonForsman, 28 November 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#7 smr   Members   -  Reputation: 1615

0Likes

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

If you're serious about this, you may be able to find art assets already for sale that could either complete your game or significantly reduce time spent. If you can't find the complete set, you may be able to pay the creator of the assets to create any additional ones you need using a similar style. Otherwise you'll have to mix and match, or find another good artist who can create art in a style similar to the other.

#8 rajesh msen   Members   -  Reputation: 125

0Likes

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

as i said, its not that much, the running is a few hours work with Unity3D, a few weeks is more than enough to implement transactions(there are finished libraries for this), gui, special coins, etc.

I had seen the video of the guy called david whatley . He did the porting work of the temple run to other platforms through unity3d . He took the obj -c codes and ported it into unity3d scripts it took months to finish it . So please don't through something . I want to know the approx budget and time frame but close to reality . Thanks

#9 rdragon1   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1195

0Likes

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

A good programmer might take < 1 month. A bad one will take many months / years. So, somewhere in that range. Every programmer is different. Good ones are hundreds of times better than others.

#10 rajesh msen   Members   -  Reputation: 125

0Likes

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

A good programmer might take < 1 month. A bad one will take many months / years. So, somewhere in that range. Every programmer is different. Good ones are hundreds of times better than others.

Yeah i know man . David whatley is a good programmer he is the founder and creator of Hero engine .
http://video.unity3d.com/video/6957737/unite-2012-the-temple-run
I am wondering why there is so much confusion in telling budget ? No one said budget till now :P

#11 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3417

0Likes

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

Yeah i know man . David whatley is a good programmer he is the founder and creator of Hero engine .
http://video.unity3d...-the-temple-run
I am wondering why there is so much confusion in telling budget ? No one said budget till now Posted Image

because no one knows, it's impossible to know, instead ask the person whom your contracting to do this what they feel is a good timeframe for them to complete the project, rather than a forum of programmers, who have wildly different opinions about how long such a thing well take.

Edited by slicer4ever, 29 November 2012 - 02:14 AM.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

#12 rdragon1   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1195

0Likes

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

There's no confusion, only on your part. (Number of months) * (dollars per month) = how much it costs. both of those amounts are dependent on how good the programmer is, or how good they can convince you they are

#13 rajesh msen   Members   -  Reputation: 125

0Likes

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

idea is this . Good programmers take less time and others need more time this is common . I am just asking how much time framer for you as a programmer and how much you ask for a month . So if i get few inputs from different programmers i will find average time frame and average budget or atleast i find minimum budget + time frame and maximum budget + time frame . So guys please help me .

#14 SimonForsman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5991

0Likes

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

idea is this . Good programmers take less time and others need more time this is common . I am just asking how much time framer for you as a programmer and how much you ask for a month . So if i get few inputs from different programmers i will find average time frame and average budget or atleast i find minimum budget + time frame and maximum budget + time frame . So guys please help me .

If we take a high estimate then of 16 weeks + ~$1000 for third party modules and an hourly rate of $100 (reasonably cheap for outsourced work here in sweden atleast) + $3000 for the Unity licenses you'll end up at $67500.

If you also want android things get a lot more expensive, (Mainly because of the differences between android devices (with iOS you got 3 main targets to tweak for, iPhone, iPad and the new longer iPhone, on Android you got a few hundred devices with varying resolutions, aspect ratios and hardware capabilities)

#15 rajesh msen   Members   -  Reputation: 125

0Likes

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

If we take a high estimate then of 16 weeks + ~$1000 for third party modules and an hourly rate of $100 (reasonably cheap for outsourced work here in sweden atleast) + $3000 for the Unity licenses you'll end up at $67500.

If you also want android things get a lot more expensive, (Mainly because of the differences between android devices (with iOS you got 3 main targets to tweak for, iPhone, iPad and the new longer iPhone, on Android you got a few hundred devices with varying resolutions, aspect ratios and hardware capabilities)

Thank you for your estimation SimonForsmon.

#16 rajesh msen   Members   -  Reputation: 125

0Likes

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

k

Edited by rajesh msen, 29 November 2012 - 12:24 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS