• Create Account

CreateOffscreenPlainSurface fails with D3DPOOL_SYSTEMMEM

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 ingramb   Members   -  Reputation: 313

0Likes

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

On my machine, I am able to create surfaces using CreateOffscreenPlainSurface in the system memory pool.

On another machine, this call fails. On the failing machine, I am able to use CreateTexture with a single mip level, and then retrieve that surface instead.

I notice that the documentation for CreateOffscreenPlainSurface does not mention D3DPOOL_SYSTEMMEM as a valid pool http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb174358(v=vs.85).aspx. However, it is logical, and I have seen other code on the internet that uses it in this way.

So, is the documentation wrong and SYSTEMMEM is valid? Or should I not rely this? Is there a better way to create a single surface for use with UpdateSurface?

Edited by ingramb, 29 November 2012 - 11:44 AM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS