• Create Account

UI Widget Library with OpenGL support

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 santa01   Members   -  Reputation: 307

0Likes

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

I've been trying to find a GUI library (Linux/Windows) that can render its widgets using OpenGL (no results so far). The main requirement: library should reuse existing OpenGL3 context. Second main requirement: library should be light weight. Do such libs exist? I am even ok to fork some stuff that can render widgets via OpenGL and adapt it to my needs.

Sponsor:

#2 Bregma   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5473

0Likes

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

The guichan library mat be what you're looking for. Lightweight, uses existing GL context. No longer actively maintained but it's open source and not hard to maintain yourself. Problem is it's GL2.
Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

#3 santa01   Members   -  Reputation: 307

0Likes

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

The guichan library mat be what you're looking for.

Thanks a lot! That won't be a big problem to port it to GL3 if lib appears to be handy.

#4 doeme   Members   -  Reputation: 718

0Likes

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

Also Check out CEGUI (Wikipedia-Article for a short overview) It's pretty powerful, cross plattform and available as package on many linux-systems (certainly on ubuntu).

#5 bioglaze   Members   -  Reputation: 628

0Likes

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

I've had success with LibRocket. It allows you tu use HTML/CSS-style markup and is very lightweight.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS