• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Best IDE and Compiler for Shader Languages

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 EMascheG   Members   -  Reputation: 718

0Likes

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hi Comunity Gamedev

1- My question is the best IDE and Compiler to programming shader languages. I want and IDE and Compiler Multi-Plattaform
and what Shader language recommend me(Cg or GLSL) because i want a shader language Multi-Plattaform(Windows,Linux,Mac,PS3,etc) because for my game engine 3D multi-plattaform, in my engine i try to be can use in all System Operative(Windows,Linux,Mac) more later i want add support to PS3,Wii,Xbox,PSP,etc

2- And another Thing i starting to programming in Unity how shader programming to learn everything about shaders to later apply to my engine. soo what shader language is best to use in Unity, I try to be my shaders run in all versions of unity(Windows,Mac and Linux).

Thanks to all to visit my Topic and more thanks to respond and help my with my questions.

Sponsor:

#2 n0name   Members   -  Reputation: 225

0Likes

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Hi
I've used OpenGL's Shader Designed before (http://www.opengl.org/sdk/tools/ShaderDesigner/) ... and it's usefull to tryout some stuff.. but i'm not sure how helpfull it will be for more complicated work

#3 EMascheG   Members   -  Reputation: 718

0Likes

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

thanks for the reply,

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS