• Create Account

FPS Game AI Class Example

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Medo3337   Members   -  Reputation: 665

0Likes

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hi guys,

I'm looking for C++ AI class example for First-Person Shooter game, basically I want to take ideas since I'm working on a game engine.

Sponsor:

#2 IADaveMark   Moderators   -  Reputation: 2475

0Likes

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

Uh... you mean a C++ class that you would use for your AI? I don't believe there is any such standard since it is heavily dependent on the design of the game itself. Also, since there are numerous different ways you could structure your AI, there isn't even one way of hooking it up to characters.
Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC

Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Co-founder of the AI Game Programmers Guild
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI

Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

#3 DrEvil   Members   -  Reputation: 1105

0Likes

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

My FPS bot AI is open source if you're interested.

#4 Medo3337   Members   -  Reputation: 665

0Likes

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

@IADaveMark: I'm looking for a sample source code for first-person shooter AI, I will not use it, instead, I want to take idea on how character AI works.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS