• Create Account

Hangout on Wednesday nights to discuss game design?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 makuto   Members   -  Reputation: 851

0Likes

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

I was wondering if any one is interested in meeting every Wednesday or something and discussing game design on Google Hangout. I always prefer talking over text, so I think this would be a good thing to do occasionally.

We would discuss things like our newest game ideas, thoughts on different design methods, etc. If there's enough people we could possibly try to get a hold of an industry veteran and talk with them.

If you're interested, post below or PM me so we can get started. I'm taking suggestions on the time we should do this, so feel free to ask about that.

Want to get to know my work and I better? See my website: Au 79 Games

I wrote General Tips on the Process of Solo Game Development

Sponsor:

#2 Rybo5001   Members   -  Reputation: 490

0Likes

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

This sounds good but your Wednesday is probably not my Wednesday. I live in Australia at the moment so I am 11 hours ahead of UK and significantly further ahead than the US.

#3 DarkRonin   Members   -  Reputation: 610

0Likes

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

This sounds good but your Wednesday is probably not my Wednesday. I live in Australia at the moment so I am 11 hours ahead of UK and significantly further ahead than the US.

Exactly, us Aussie's get Wednesday first (just behind our New Zealand brothers) :)

#4 makuto   Members   -  Reputation: 851

0Likes

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Then we would have to use GMT :) . Is there any time where both of us would be awake?

#5 Casey Hardman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2208

0Likes

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

But we already hold discussions about game design on the forums, and people can chip in whenever they want instead of everyone being there at the same time.
Why does it have to be real-time?

#6 makuto   Members   -  Reputation: 851

0Likes

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

There's just something about talking face to face, that's all.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS