• Create Account

Broken image in IOTD

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kjell Andersson   Members   -  Reputation: 410

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

I posted a new IOTD some days ago but the front image in the gallery seems to be broken. A bug somewhere?
When I browsed through the gallery I found that some other postings also had broken images.

I used preview functionality and then updated the posting a few times if this helps debugging the cause.

The posting i'm refering to is http://www.gamedev.net/page/community/iotd/index.html/_/demorize-digital-signage-particle-system-r323

Sponsor:

#2 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 19507

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Looks fine in Google Chrome.
It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#3 Ectara   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2966

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

It seems to look fine in Seamonkey; I get the same results as in the above image.

Edited by Ectara, 04 December 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#4 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8827

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

The thumbnail doesn't load here with Opera either:

Posted Image

It doesn't work under IE9 either, and a proxy doesn't help, however clicking on the IOTD shows the image properly, so apparently I have a different bug than you... Where are you located, Kjell?

Edited by Bacterius, 04 December 2012 - 06:11 PM.

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

#5 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 30356

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Weird, it looked fine on my iPhone, but is busted on my Win7 Chrome
[edit]no, actually, it's broken on my iPhone too[/edit]
Posted Image

Edited by Hodgman, 04 December 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#6 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 19507

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Ah. mine also looks like Hodgman's image - I thought he meant the page linked to.
It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#7 Mussi   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1966

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

The image that's being linked to doesn't exist, I'm guessing something went wrong with the upload.

#8 Kjell Andersson   Members   -  Reputation: 410

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

I tried both Firefox and IE and it looks like the above images. Yes, it seems like the thumbnail image is not available on the server.
I tried editing the post to re-upload the image but that didn't help.

I don't know if the image showed at the beginning when I first posted the message since I edited it once after my initial post to correct a few spelling errors before I actually noticed that the front image was broken.

#9 Kjell Andersson   Members   -  Reputation: 410

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

Could it be that the original image is removed when you edit a post and the new image is not uploaded as a thumb?
Just a wild guess...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS